We are M14 Industries! We are an early stage startup that is rapidly becoming the industry standard for powering niche social and dating applications. In only a year we have brought in clients of global name recognition. We are trying to make tech without boundaries and allow everyone to build the apps they think of, without the ridiculous price tags attached that agencies charge.
Our success is defined by the development of our staff, and the growth of our clients businesses and dreams. We regularly focus on personal development through training, pairing, katas and days out to things like hacakthons and other industry events. In the development of all of our staff, we like to focus on multiple skill sets – we want everyone to be able to pick up a task anywhere in the organization if needed.
If you are passionate about TDD, pair programming, continuous integration, nodejs, microservices, and beautifully readable code, all while helping others achieve their dreams read on to the description!
M14 Industries’s Development team is expanding and looking to bring a new software engineer into our team after a successful fundraising round.
Working as an integral team member of our core development team, this role would report directly to the head of department and have much room for growth and promotion over the next 12-18 months. Our development team uses a stack of Node.js, Express, MongoDB, Redis, phonegap and Cordova. We use Heroku and AWS for our hosting, so being comfortable with those platforms would be a plus, however it is not make or break to have prior experience in these.
Our guiding principles are to run a lean, agile organization without bloat. We do this by emphasising Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), continuous integration (CI), and paired programming.
The role will be a software engineer (we are looking for junior, medium weight and senior) that will be helping us develop and improve the SaaS platform in M14 Industries. It will be a mixture of greenfield and refactoring of existing projects as we build out feature sets and add-ons. The platform is in an exciting stage of development and we are looking for people who can help the team in shaping the direction of future microservices and refactoring efforts.
You specifically will:
- Have previous development experience
- Have worked with NodeJS in the past
- Experience with PhoneGap and Cordova
- Experience with TDD and BDD is a massive plus, though willingness to learn if you have no prior experience is welcomed as well
- Understanding of database technologies, specifically MongoDB, Redis
- Knowledge of taxonomies and linked data systems is a plus but not a requirement * Experience with React.JS Native would be an asset, as we are experimenting with implementation into some systems
- Be willing to and happy to do paired programming on a regular basis, as it is our primary means of development
- Write clean, easily readable code – we value readability over shortness
- Able to follow a brief from end to end through user stories to end stage deployment
- Be willing to engage in personal development activities as well as company growth activities including, but not limited to: hackathons, training courses, speaking opportunities, katas, coding challenges, etc.
The Right Person for M14:
- Have a passion for development and software engineering.
- Willing and able to work to a brief
- Be willing to learn TDD, BDD, and Continuous Integration
- Asks for help when needed – we want a team who supports eachother and this is key
- Be willing to learn cross-company skills (like basics of development, marketing, etc) in an effort to grow within the company
- Be interested in learning development practices for an agile environment like lean methodology, kanban, etc.
- Strong time management
- Ability to work singly and in pairs
- Trustworthy – as we offer remote working as needed for staff mental health reasons
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Passionate about building brands and helping us grow M14 into a global name
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Please apply by emailing [email protected]